This is a very late check-in to see how I got on with my three New Year’s Resolutions in March (see this post for the full explanation of my New Year’s Resolutions).
Here is how I got on with my resolutions in March:
1) Write more – I was aiming for at least 250 words a day and I managed to do that every day in March – awesome! In total I wrote 9632 words which is an average of 321 words per day.
2) Improve my cooking skills – Haven’t done a lot for this resolution in March. Must do better in April.
3) Read 25 books – I finished A Dance with Dragons 1: Dreams and Dust (part of the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series) on 23rd March. So at the end of March I have read 4/25 books, which Goodreads tells me makes me 16% through my challenge.
1) This amazing bus stop advertising by Pepsi Max:
2) This really creepy re-telling of The Velveteen Rabbit by Mallory Ortberg from The-Toast.net:
There was a person called Nana who ruled the nursery. Sometimes she took no notice of the playthings lying about, and sometimes, for no reason whatever, she went swooping about like a great wind and hustled them away in cupboards. She called this “tidying up,” and the playthings all hated it, especially the tin ones. The Rabbit did not forget her either. The Rabbit did not forget anything, once the Rabbit had decided he had been cheated.
Nana had cheated the Rabbit, and he would remember it.
Click here for the full story. (The original story was by Margery Williams.)
3) This story about chocolate biscuits which made me realise I have been eating them upside-down since I was a child. My mind is blown.